We strongly recommend completing the configuration of the participant registration module before you open it for attendees, but you can add
a special participant group
with a registration code for a discount
at any given time, including after the registration phase has already started.
In this example, we use the same code (or code pattern) for all participants
of this particular group.
You need to define when the field for the code appears
(including the option for code-protected, hidden participant groups), create a new participant group
for the discounted fee and define a registration code pattern for this group
- Enable the option to ask for a special code for the reduced fee.
Please go to: Overview => Settings => Main Settings for Participant Registration
In the section "Participant Registration Options", make a choice for the option "Ask for a member number/ student ID / special registration code?" in order to determine when the field will appear and if hidden participant groups will only be displayed when a correct is entered (see image 1):
- "Yes, but show field only if required for the currently selected participant group"
(the input field for the code will only appear when a participant group is selected that calls for a code) or
- "Yes, always show input field"
(the field will always be shown) or
- "Yes, always show input field, and show/select hidden participant groups automatically based on the code."
(the field will always be shown, but hidden participant groups will only be made available when a matching code has been entered)
- Click on "Edit phrase" in the same section to change the wording to fit your needs (see image 1).
- Then, please go to: Overview => Settings => Manage Participant Groups
Create a new group for the discounted registrations.
While editing this group, define a code or code pattern and enter this as "regular expression".
You find some examples below the field "Regular expression to verify code (for experts)" (see image 2).
Depending on the settings (see step 1), participants will have to enter a code matching this pattern during registration when they opt for this group, or they will have to enter the code to be able to see the code-protected participant group.
Example: "^TEST123$" (without quotes) will match exactly the string "TEST123". (You can also enter "TEST123" as pattern only, and then every code will be accepted that includes the string "TEST123".
You find more information on regular expressions as well as examples here:
- Enter the prices for this group and for all relevant price categories
Please go to: Overview => Settings => Prices
Please test the new settings.