Topic: Printing Pages from ConfTool  (Read 39235 times)

I have some problems printing pages from ConfTool:
  • When I print a page from ConfTool, the background colors disappear. How can I change this?
  • How can I remove the page URL and title in the header and footer of the printout?
  • The printout it too small / too big.

(A German version of this article is available.)

These problems are related to the fact that you cannot control the print options of the browser from a web application.
Therefore, some factors are not under our control, but have to be set in the browser itself.

Please note that ConfTool offers a "Print View" below the main navigation bar and in the lower right corner of most pages.
When you click on the printer icon, the page will be displayed in a more print-friendly way (see image 1).

How to change the browser print parameters:

Please, first click on the menu icon at the top right of the browser and click on "Print".
In Firefox, click on "Page Setup", in Chrome and Edge, click on "More Settings".
In Safari, choose File > Print. In the separator bar, click the options pop-up menu, choose Safari, and then set the webpage printing options.

In some browsers, the browser print menu will open automatically when you access the ConfTool print view.

Most browsers allow you to define the header and footer of the printout, the background display and the scaling of the printout (see images 2 - 4).