Overview and details of the sessions of this conference. Please select a date or location to show only sessions at that day or location. Please select a single session for detailed view (with abstracts and downloads if available).
Location:ESA-E-123 Edmund-SIemers-Allee 1, East Wing, Room 123
Islandora for All: ISLE Workshop
David Keiser-Clark1, Bethany Seeger2
1Williams College, United States of America; 2Amherst College, United States of America
This workshop is for people interested in migrating from a proprietary digital repository to an open-source collections management platform; those already on Islandora looking to reduce maintenance costs and improve security; and those seeking to create a new digital repository for their institution. ISLE is an open-source solution and offers a quick installation and timely automated updates. This workshop is designed for people who work closely with their digital repository, including repository administrators, developers, metadata specialists, archivists, systems administrators, or directors.
This friendly yet comprehensive hands-on instruction uses ISLE to install and update an institution’s Islandora digital repository platform.
This workshop will:
- provide an overview of the ISLE project and technical make up;
- provide a public demonstration;
- walk through creating a local development environment of Islandora on your laptop;
- provide basic instructions on how to ingest/edit/delete a sample set of digital objects in your repository;
- show how to create permanent customizations that will persist through ISLE updates;
- show how to use ISLE to update your Islandora platform and run supplied automated tests to verify success;
- provide a checklist for migrating to ISLE;
- provide Q&A; if time permits, we’ll discuss future roadmap.