Overview and details of the sessions of this conference. Please select a date or location to show only sessions at that day or location. Please select a single session for detailed view (with abstracts and downloads if available).
DSpace 7 Angular UI: Getting Started with the DSpace 7 Angular UI
1:30pm - 3:00pm
Location:Ballroom C 150
Getting Started with the DSpace 7 Angular UI
Art Lowel1, Tim Donohue2
As of late 2016, a DSpace 7 UI Working Group has begun developing an Angular User Interface which will replace the existing UIs in DSpace 7. While the DSpace 7 Angular UI is still in active development, this workshop will allow developers to familiarize themselves with the new Angular codebase, and learn how to customize and enhance the new UI.
Attendees will be expected to install the DSpace 7 UI codebase or use a provided virtual machine. There will be exercises to allow attendees to get some hands on experience with the codebase and development tools.
Attendees will come away with the following:
- An introduction to the Angular framework
- An overview of various Angular tools/modules in use by DSpace, along with recommended development and debugging tools.
- An overview of the DSpace 7 UI codebase, its current status and next steps
- How to make their own customisations to the new UI
- How to join the effort and contribute to the new UI
The workshop will be accessible for people that attended last year’s workshop as well as newcomers.